Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

Survival of the Fittest

A friend of mine who grew up in Africa recently shared this bit of wisdom with me:


Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows that it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows that it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better start running. -- African Proverb --


This makes me ponder the race of life. Am I running from something or to something? Am I the gazelle or the lion? When the race finally ends (and it will eventually) will I eat or be eaten? Will I be exultant or harbor regret?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails