Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

Sigulda!



Quiet. Quaint. Prosperous. After the bustling excitement of Stockholm, G, B, and I were ready to return to our Latvia. We decided to explore Sigulda, a calm town in eastern Latvia. The Pilsdrupas (castle ruins) were our objective. We explored two castles, both dating back to the 1200's. I felt as though I were walking back into a fairy tale. It is mind boggling to think of how many people walked where I had been walking, and what their lives entailed.

The actual town of Sigulda held houses with character. One house even had its own moat! Apparently, Sigulda is known for their canes, as one park was clearly decorated with yellow and red walking canes. Sadly, that is one souvenir that I chose not to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails